Cabo Delgado is a cape surrounded by several islets off the coast of Mozambique, South-East Africa. This cape became a slave port during the nineteenth century with the suppression of the slave trade in the North Atlantic in 1815. The image is of a map of Cabo Delgado showing its islets and part of the Bay of Pemba. It provides the depth of the sea close to the coast of Cabo Delgado, the names of the rivers and the main coastal features around the cape. The map was published by Commander Francisco Maria Bordalo, responsible for completing a report on the Portuguese possessions overseas began by Commander José Joaquim Lopes de Lima. The image is reproduced courtesy of the Manuscript, Archives and Rare Book Library, Emory University.